There are plenty of reasons to build your own cables which I’m not going to get into here. If you’ve decided to go ahead and customize your pedalboard, repair your broken cables, or build new ones from scratch these are our recommendations:
Pedalboard & Patch Cables- really anything that isn’t going to be strained, pulled, and unplugged constantly:
- Jack- right angle, smaller barrel for tighter boards, gold contacts for corrosion resistance.
- Amphenol ACPM-RB-AU
- Wire- thin, flexible, easy to work with.
- Mogami W2319
Instrument Cable – long leads that will need to take abuse:
- Jacks- very durable, unique clamp keeps the wire from pulling out, easy to solder.
- Right Angle: Neutrik NP2RX-B
- Straight: Neutrik NP2X-B
- Wire- durable, coils nicely without tangling, excellent shielding and conductivity.
- Mogami W2524